Staff Eng, Quality EngineeringApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HWA33: Federal Way, WA 32125 32nd Avenue South , Federal Way, WA, 98001-9345 USA
This position manages the Quality Assurance/Engineering processes and/or projects as an individual contributor. Works to achieve objectives that have a major impact on the organizational quality goals. Uses expertise to provide input on the development, modification, application, and maintenance of quality evaluation, control systems, and protocols.
Candidates should possess experience in MRO Service Center/Repair Station avionics, Quality Management Systems (QMS), Root Cause and Corrective Action, Continuous Improvement, Data Analysis, Specification Review, Inspection Methods, as well as Project Management including team facilitation. Candidates must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills and an overall strong quality focus. They must be able to work within cross-functional teams to meet and improve upon established quality and delivery goals.
Other focus areas of this individual is to develop relationships within Avionic Services, Central organizations, Program Management and Engineering teams. The goal is to create a trusting relationship with an emphasis on removing waste and variability from processes, aiding in reducing costs, and improving quality and delivery. Candidates should also have the knowledge in lean and lean techniques with an ability to work toward operational and quality improvement initiatives.
• Drives processes to develop, modify, apply, and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols.
• Provides analysis and guidance to ensure quality standards are in effect.
• Implements testing and inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
• Analyzes and makes recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities on products & processes.
• Identifies and manages risk in product Services and Support activities, utilizing, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc..
• Manages processes to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Service Part Approval Process (SPAP) acceptance.
• Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for products being serviced or modified to certified standards.
• Working with operations and product engineers, reviews testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product. Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
• Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements (regulatory, customer, and company), objectives and/or contracts.
• Identifies and manages risk in service processes to ensure that ICAO and SMS objectives are met.
• Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
• Performs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for service problems against internal processes that affect customer products.
• Ensures all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
• Designs and implements product process flow and inspection oversight activities to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
• Responsible for Program, Product Quality Engineering, Regulatory compliance (FAA/EASA/CAAC) and customer contract fulfillment.
• Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance.
- Ideal candidates should have experience in SAP, Continuous Improvement, Data Analysis, and possess strong Excel skills
- Solution focused – Designing and delivering solutions that meet user needs and bring value to the organization
- Driven, motivated, and energetic individual with background in or willing to learn
- Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings
- ACE, Lean and Six-Sigma skill-set is a plus
- Ability to interpret Quality Management Systems (QMS) requirements into simple terms and vice-versa; along with training and development for subject matter experts and end-users
- Background in AS9100 standards strongly desired
- Support and provide mentorship to individuals of varied skill levels, including technicians and professionals, with freedom to determine how assignments are completed (e.g., objectives and approaches to completing work)
- Can lead efforts and development with minimal oversight, sets objectives and guides others on execution/approach for achievement of operational results
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization – clear and concise objectives, identify and share risks and opportunities, ability to create value statement
- This individual must be able to work within cross-functional teams to meet and improve upon established servicing performance goals.
- Must be able to identify and influence quality systemic improvements
- Lead and resolution of quality issues, including program support
- Review, coach, and mentor persons involved with corrective action requests and implementation
- Support internal and external audit activities and resolution
- Leading and participating in Lean Events relating to quality improvements
- Decisiveness – Must possess ability to make critical decisions and reach important deadlines.
- Dependability – Exerts consistent effort to provide quality results that are focused on achieving regulatory and customer compliance.
- Detailed Oriented – Consistently produces quality results while evaluation all critical factors.
- Judgement – Able to make quick and well-informed decisions, even under high-pressured situations.
- Relationships – Displays sensitivity and awareness of hoe action affect customer and coworkers.
- Resolving Conflict – Deals professionally and firmly with conflict resolution in any situation.
- Science, Technology, Engineering or Math degree highly desired.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required. US Citizenship required.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.