Production Associate IIApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
The Process Tech II performs varying tasks in a fast paced quick changing environment. This position is a highly technical position, which requires working with hazardous propellant and transforming it into propellant and propellant actuated devices. There are a variety of equipment and set ups to operate and maintain. Operator must have a degree of experience assembling critical explosive actuated devices.
- Follow written and verbal instruction
- Read and understand manufacturing procedures and blueprints
- Prepare work orders and data sheets for processing
- Perform routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes included in aircraft component assembly
- Help with problem-solving by working with engineering, management, and other cell departments
- Perform basic math calculations
- Make precise measurements with standard measuring instruments and balances
- Move between workstations as needed
- Perform rework of nonconforming components
- Use basic hand, power, and pneumatic tools and precision measuring equipment
- Troubleshoot and solve basic production issues with Team Leader direction
- Work proactively in addressing potential issues and apply real-time problem-solving skills when working towards a resolution
- Actively support compliance with EH&S policies and regulatory requirements
- Identify, control and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste including solvents, explosives, and lead
- Set up, adjust and operate tube bending machinery and equipment
- Fabricate directly from drawings, samples, or instructions
- Select all layouts, templates, or check fixtures
- Check bent parts to drawing specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspect equipment
- Communicate professionally and effectively
- Report any and all incidents to Supervisor
- Flexibility to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with less than 2 years of relevant experience
- Basic mathematics, reading and comprehension, and written and oral communication skills.
- At least two years energetic materials processing, manufacturing, and/or assembly experience.
- Mathematical aptitude (good working knowledge of basic math) and mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer tasks with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word a plus
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions, and simultaneously maintain proper documentation.
- Experience working with small hand tools (i.e. calibrated wrenches, calipers, power drills, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Can perform basic functions with the assistance of a certified trainer.
- Must be capable of adapting to changing situations upon the direction of supervision, and be able to thoroughly document variations from standards.
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of operations.
- Performs other duties as required and available for overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds several times per hour.
- Ability to concentrate on the task at hand for extensive periods of time.
- Experience with operating human machine interface (HMI) software to operate equipment and monitor control bands to detect and prevent defects from occurring in real time a plus
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.