Production Associate 1Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Production Associate performs varying tasks depending on his or her primary department. In Building 7, the assembly department operates under close supervision of the area Supervisor and/or the Group Leader. The associate works on and around parts that are energetic in nature and primarily uses bending fixtures, curing fixtures, remote saws and mills, and measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, and scales; proper dismantling and cleaning of all tools and equipment used. This position will also be assisting the Fabrication side of Building 7 as needed, which includes the utilization of mills, swagers, draw mills, extruders, and the like.
The Production Associate performs many assembly operations under direct supervision by the area Supervisor and/or Group Lead.
This job entails:
- Working with, around, and on materials/parts that are energetic in nature
- Using remote mills and saws, curing fixtures, mixing machines, pneumatic epoxy dispensers, etc.
- Stamping operations, reading Standard Operating Procedures prior to starting work, as well as any other properly documented instructions without oversight
- Complete documentation of work (i.e. marriage logs, data sheets, etc.) with oversight
- Maintaining a clean work area using 5S principles
- High school diploma and the ability to read, write, and understand English
- Applies basic job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work to written instructions and simultaneously maintain proper documentation
- Understands document revisions and standards governing documenting procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a group environment
- Willingness to take instruction from mentors and/or trainers
- Mathematical aptitude (good working knowledge of basic mathematical principles)
- Basic computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Operate computer software for printing labels, entering shop floor data collection system information, etc.
- Communicate potential mechanical and safety issues/concerns effectively
- Willingness to cross-train and work in all areas of assembly operation plant wide
- Once proficient, expected to work more autonomously and have the capacity to train new associates as needed.
- Performs other duties as required and available for overtime
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.