Process Technician I (2nd Shift)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? Our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
When you join our finance team, you’re joining a team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond. Our team supports 70,000 employees across the U.S. and around the globe. As a United Technologies Corp. subsidiary, we operate with our own business reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. At Collins Aerospace, you’ll be not only be advancing your career, you’ll be leaving your mark on the future of advanced technologies.
The Load Room Process Tech performs varying tasks in a calm but steady high hazard environment. This position requires long periods of high concentration working with hazardous energetics. The main machinery operated are hydraulic and dead weight presses and weighing scales. High attention to detail and a safety first mentality is a must.
- Operate all press styles that are available in the department (i.e. dead weight, hydraulic, air-over hydraulic).
- Routine daily setup of measuring equipment (i.e. scales, drop indicators, calipers).
- Must conduct careful logging of process parameters on work orders and data sheets.
- Make precise measurements with standard measuring instruments and balances and record on proper documentation. Be alert to recognizing problems with any data and/or equipment, and notify their group leader or supervisor as tolerance limits are approached to avoid making defective parts.
- Communicate potential mechanical and safety problems effectively and immediately.
- Handle open and loose energetics in accordance with safety regulations, while maintaining exact inventory.
- Perform all production-related work assigned by supervisor or group leader in strict accordance with written procedures
- Identify, control and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste including solvents, explosives, and lead.
- Read and operate per Manufacturing Procedure, Standards, and Drawings with guidance from engineering.
Minimum 1 year of explosive, chemical, or basic manufacturing experience is required for Level I.
- High school diploma or equivalent, and ability to read and understand English.
- Basic mathematics, reading and comprehension, and written and oral communication skills.
- Mathematical aptitude (good working knowledge of basic math) and mechanical aptitude.
- Basic computer tasks with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is a plus.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions, and maintain proper documentation.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Can perform basic manufacturing operations with the assistance of a certified trainer.
- Must be capable of adapting to changing situations and priorities upon the direction of supervision.
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of operations.
- Performs other duties as required and available for overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to concentrate on the task at hand for extensive periods of time.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.