Process Tech IApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
The Process Tech performs varying tasks in a fast paced quick changing environment. This position is a highly technical position, which requires working with hazardous chemicals and transforming them into propellant. Operator must have highly degree of experience utilizing a complex series of HMI systems to perform the many remote operations required.
MAJOR DUTIES, PROCESS TECH
- Routine setup, operation, TPM, basic maintenance and careful logging of feed speeds and cleanup of various machines.
- Make precise measurements with standard measuring instruments and balances, remote monitoring software perform basic calculations and record on proper documentation. Be alert to recognizing problems with any of this equipment, and notify their group leader or supervisor as tolerance limits are approached to avoid making defective parts.
- Communicate potential mechanical and safety problems effectively and immediately.
- Handle very large amounts chemicals and energetics in accordance with safety regulations, while
- Perform all production-related work assigned by supervisor or group leader in strict accordance with written procedures
- Identify, control and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste including solvents, explosives, and lead.
- Read and operate per Manufacturing Procedure, Propellant Job Traveler, and Drawings with guidance from engineering and the chemistry departments.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor/assistant supervisor. It is also Propulsion California’s policy to make reasonable accommodations in the essential functions of the above referenced job description for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
- Frequent work with average to heavy-weight materials, and frequent standing/sitting for long periods.
- Frequent exposure to chemicals, noise, oils, solvents, greases, and energetic materials; used in conjunction with the casting processes.
- Some exposure to potential hazards due to the relatively large quantity of chemicals, explosives and other materials used, and occasional hand-processing of raw explosives and explosive cord.
- Overtime frequently required on short notice in order to meet business demands.
- Basic understanding and training with manufacturing Process Tech
- 1 year of explosive or chemical manufacturing experience preferred for a level I.
- Demonstrated ability to use HMI software to operate equipment and monitor control bands to detect and prevent defects from occurring in real time.
- Must be able to set up and trouble shoot complex equipment set up for remote and manual operations.
- Mathematical aptitude (good working knowledge of basic math.) and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions, and simultaneously maintain proper documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Can perform basic functions with the assistance of a certified trainer
- Must be capable of adapting to changing situations upon the direction of supervision, and be able to thoroughly document variations from standards.
- Understands document revisions and standards governing documenting procedures. Stamps operations, reads MP prior to starting work and any other documented instructions without oversight. Complete documentation of work (i.e. marriage log, data sheet, etc.) with oversight. Knows how to locate and understand the Net Explosive Weight of the parts being built.
- Basic computer tasks with knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- It is the expectation that all employees will be safety conscious at all times. It is the responsibility of each and every employee to deal with an unsafe acts, situation, and equipment etc. no matter the title of the personnel involved the area in which it is occurs.
- Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer.
- Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of operations.
- Performs other duties as required and available for overtime.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds several times per hour.
- High School Diploma or GED with the ability to read and write English.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.