Materials Associate IApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
The Materials Associate is responsible for the safe and proper packaging of finished energetic and inert products received from inventory and production for a worldwide customer base in a fast paced environment. The Materials Associate will be responsible for accurately wrapping, bagging and labeling of product and for the construction, stenciling, and marking of intermediate and unit containers. The Materials Associate will be required to operate a forklift when necessary as well as an assortment of strapping and pallet wrapping equipment when required by packaging requirements.
- Receive finished products from the manufacturing floor or inventory
- Follow written procedures for wrapping and bagging the product in appropriate materials as specified in the procedure, MIL-B-117, MIL-STD-2073, contract or SPI as applicable
- Produce appropriate identification, bar code, and DODIC/Lot labels on thermal printer in accordance with MIL-STD-129for military contracts and ASTM-D-3951 for commercial shipments.
- Accurately place label on bagged item.
- Prepare the unit or intermediate pack by constructing fiberboard or wood boxes, paint cans, etc.
- Place bagged items into unit or intermediate packs, (boxes, cans, bags) as specified in packaging instructions. Cushion with appropriate materials to prevent movement of the product within the pack. Seal the unit or intermediate pack per appropriate instructions and standards.
- Coordinate with the group leader and the shipping department on appropriate size/type shipping container.
- Load parts into the shipping container.
- Required to drive a forklift and operate a pallet jack.
- High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with less than 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must pass new hire and process training
- Strong computer skills
- Attention to detail, strong sense of organization.
- BarTender labeling software experience or equivalent labeling software
- SAP experience preferred
- May be required to lift/move heavy parts and/or equipment weighing up to 35 pounds
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.