Inspection Technician IApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
The Final Inspector perform visual and dimensional inspection of purchased parts, materials, manufactured components and subassemblies in meeting blueprint, regulatory and contract requirements. Inspections consist of using standard measuring instruments as well as special measuring instruments and gages. Complete inspection records, logs, and rejection reports. Communicates in writing and verbally on concerns with supplier conformance. Must establish professional rapport with customers, vendors and Collins Aerospace Engineers.
Please note this position is on 2nd shift, running from 2:00 PM – 10:30 PM, Monday - Friday.
- Perform detailed product inspections on incoming materials from suppliers, including but not limited to First Article Inspections and certified supplier document reviews.
- Document characteristics of products accurately and with technical detail.
- Initiate Quality Notifications for any products that do not conform to written work instructions.
- Perform accurate and detailed dimensional inspections without supervision.
- Establish professionalism and timeliness in the performance of daily activities.
- Apply quality assurance procedures and requirements to the inspection of hardware and document review.
- Identify any potential quality issues early and prevent their occurrence.
- Communicate effectively to other Collins Aerospace personnel any quality issues needing resolutions.
- Indicate status of products within the MRP system.
- Work multiple assignments concurrently and maintaining flexibility to production schedule.
- Monitor the use of calibrated measuring instruments.
- High School Diploma or AA/AS degree or other 2-year post high school training with less than 2 years of relevant experience
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Ability to pass color/vision test
- Occasionally lift up to 35 pounds.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages
- Experience performing detailed product inspections using blueprints/specifications and precision measuring and test equipment
- The ability to work safely within an energetic materials manufacturing facility
- Excellent communication skills to drive effective problem resolution and communicate quality status and concerns to other Collins Aerospace personnel
- The ability to utilize computer systems including input of data and retrieval of information for inspections and configuration purposes
- The ability to promote team spirit within the company and to provide a leadership role in the area of cooperation with all internal and external customers
- The ability to concentrate on assigned tasks despite interruptions
- The ability to review documents and to identify and resolve any errors or missing information
- The ability to work without supervision
- Be able to follow work instructions
- Have the skills and knowledge to carry out any necessary preparation of parts before or after inspection in accordance with approved work instructions
- Have the skills and knowledge to set up and standardize equipment, process parts, and document results
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/methods performed
- Must have basic Microsoft Office computer skills including the ability to use other computer programs and operating software including SAP
- Be familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method as used
- Pass a near vision test and color perception test annually
- Ability to read, write, and understand English with reference to but not limited to Fairfield’s technical documents, purchase orders, quality requirements and data entry software
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.