Development Engineer Intern (Summer 2020)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA09: Interiors (Propulation) -Fairf 3530 Branscombe Road, Fairfield, CA, 94533 USA
We are seeking a Development Engineer Intern, primarily responsible for developing new products and adaptive engineering of existing energetic product lines, providing technical support within the company and leading more complicated technical efforts. The intern could be involved in any phase of a development project, including proposal preparation, brainstorming sessions, design, supplier support, manufacturing support, tool design, non-conforming material analysis, and qualification testing.
- Design and develop new technologies within the UTC technology passport process.
- Review Request for Quotes from customers to evaluate feasibility, prepare labor estimates for updating engineering technical data packages, identify significant risks and provide mitigation recommendations.
- Participate in brainstorming efforts for part design and/or new specification conditions and modify the design, tooling or procedures as required to provide reliable cost effective solutions.
- Design, model and analyze design to system/customer requirements.
- Under the guidance of senior engineers develop testing methods to qualify the design to customer requirements.
- Create/modify manufacturing documents and drawings needed to support internal and contractual requirements, leading focus teams as necessary for complex projects/problems.
- Work with Project Management to ensure all project milestones are achieved within identified and documented time, budget, and performance expectations for multiple projects.
- Monitor and report the status of all projects to management.
- Support continuous improvement activities to improve development project execution.
Perform other duties as needed.
- Experience with modeling, Solidworks preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical customers.
- Proficient at prioritizing and managing work load, as well as have a very strong decision making and administrative abilities.
- Self-motivated and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to multi task between multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new analysis/modeling software.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.