Assembler IApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HWA10: Aerostructures - Everett, WA 2615 94th Street SW, Everett, WA, 98204 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
The Assembler is responsible for final assembly of aircraft components for our customers, thus helping Collins Aerospace Systems to maintain its standing as one of the largest global suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and industrial products.
- Provide the necessary assembly and processing skills to accomplish the manufacture of a quality product, on schedule within designated customer and company specifications and cost constraints, supporting the business enterprise in attaining the mission and specific business objectives.
- Drilling holes with pneumatic tools. Installing various types of fasteners (nuts, bolts, screws, solid & blind rivets).
- Locating parts by hand or utilizing detail tooling. Assembling parts.
- Working to specific job instructions, frequently reading and providing verbal and written status of where they are within the written process.
- Light handling and application of sealants, adhesives, and primers as well as proper disposal of same.
- Using tools (scale, micrometer, feeler gauge, go-no-go gauge) to inspect own work.
Education / Certifications:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- May be required to work off-shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed to support the business as needed.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write English
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, noisy environment (may be below or above 89 dba)
- Ability to work with and around fellow coworkers in close proximity and in a team environment displaying mutual respect
- Metal fabrication and assembly experience preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a manufacturing, industrial or labor environment
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. Therefore, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ability to buy an additional week of vacation
- Employee scholar program
- Funding of courses for pursuing approved certifications
- Annual Merit and performance review
- Numerous paths for advancement – both within team you join and outside
- UTFlex program consideration
- Primary CareTake leave
- Parental Leave
- And More!!
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Education / Certifications
High School Diploma, or equivalent required.
US person verification required.
Must meet Valpar Assessment criteria.
Minimum of two years experience in a manufacturing, industrial or labor environment preferred.
Metal fabrication and assembly experience preferred.
*Experience / Qualifications
Ability to speak, read, understand and write English.
Understand and follow verbal and written directions.
Ability to work in a fast paced, noisy environment (may be below or above 89 dba).
Ability to work with and around fellow coworkers in close proximity and in a team environment displaying mutual respect.
Ability to read and understand illustrated planning/standard work/blueprints/specifications/engineering drawings.
Ability to use hand/pneumatic tools.
Ability to verify own work is compliant to specifications/job instructions.
Basic skills in forklift, crane, computer and record keeping.
Moderate lifting ability.
Use of eye & ear protection required.
Handing of sealants, adhesives, and primers required.
As needed, overtime and weekend work required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this linkto read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.