Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE),Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT08: ISR Corporate - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation’s security. We have a fantastic opportunity for a SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER in our Danbury, CT facility.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE), you will work for the ISR Supplier Quality Engineering Organization with the primary responsibility of developing and maintaining the Collins Danbury supplier base. You should have an extensive background in various manufacturing processes and performing process surveys. You should have a thorough understanding of AS9100 and ISO 90. Additionally, you should be able to manage the suppliers within various commodities to develop supplier partnerships to ensure product quality, service and technical requirements that meet the needs of the Collins Danbury programs. The goal is to create a cooperative relationship with an emphasis on removing waste and variability from processes, assist suppliers in improving the quality and delivery ratings and establish a culture of continuous improvement. You should develop and analyze quality data to identify systemic issues and proactively develop supplier specific quality improvement plans using quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.) and drive their implementation to closure.
Education / Certifications
Experience / Qualifications
- Detailed knowledge of standard AS9100 REV D, ISO 9001-2015, Quality Systems and Supplier Management Requirements; and First Article Requirements per AS9102
- Experience with advanced problem solving techniques, 6 sigma tools, corrective action, root cause analysis, CPK, Gage R&R, and Lean Manufacturing-Understand Metrics / First Pass Yield and general process improvements
- Fluent in reading technical documents and specifications, with an understanding of GD&T
- Experience with Supplier Manufacturability and design tolerance reviews in a Low Volume Manufacturing scenario
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.