Staff Optical Systems EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
Come join a company where what you do makes a difference. For over 50 years, ISR & Space Systems in Danbury, CT has forged groundbreaking technologies that have pushed the limits of physics, engineered the impossible, and provided actionable intelligence to keep our Armed Forces and nation safe. We are dedicated to helping you grow your career by using all your talents, insights and experiences in a welcoming team environment. Bring your passion, commitment and curiosity and come grow with us as together we work to make our world a safer place.
We are looking for a STAFFOPTICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Develop alignment plans for complex telescope systems based on system optical prescription and requirements
- Perform sensitivity analysis to quantify WFE as a function of component mis-alignments
- Generate alignment error budgets based on systems engineering requirements and misalignment sensitivities
- Define alignment/test tooling including range/resolution requirements for component adjustment mechanisms for complex telescope systems and 100th wave optical element metrology
- Define data acquisition and processing requirements for system alignment and component metrology tasks
- Perform data analysis/processing using industry standard software (Zemax, 4Sight, CodeV, Matlab etc.)
Education / Certifications
Degree in Optical Engineering, Physics, Astronomy or related technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ relevant work experience (or 7 years with graduate degree); aerospace environment preferred
- Experience in the development, build, and completion of high quality imaging systems, e.g. telescope for airborne or space based applications
- Experience using Sequential Optical Design software (Zemax or Code V preferred) is a must
- History of performing optical design and/or detailed analyses of optical systems; principally but not limited to high performance remote sensing application
- Optical design experience should include determining a design form and taking the design to a final state including considerations such as packaging, tolerancing, design for manufacture, and lens performance
- Optical analysis experience to include using or developing optical modeling software to perform analysis of optical systems including MTF, Encircled Energy, Transmitted WFE over varying environments, Polarization, or other similar activities
- Experience using non-sequential optical analysis or design software (FRED, ASAP, Zemax, LightTools) is a plus
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURRENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.