Sr. Associate, AccountantApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT08: ISR Corporate - Danbury 100 Reserve Road , Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
Our Danbury CT location has a new opening for an Accountant within our Accounting & Controls organization. In this role, you will perform a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards related to general accounting, general ledger, projects, and / or government accounting. Compiles and maintains accounting statements, reports, general ledger accounts, cost revenue reports, balance sheets, and / or bank statement reconciliations in order to ensure smooth functioning of the processes.
• Performs a variety of accounting activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards related to general accounting, general ledger, projects, and / or government accounting, to ensure accuracy of the accounting entries.
• Compiles and maintains accounting statements, reports, general ledger accounts, cost revenue reports, balance sheets, and / or bank statement reconciliations in order to ensure smooth functioning of the processes.
• Monitors account entries and control activities to ensure accuracy of information.
• Prepares journal entries and account reconciliations based on financial data.
• Assists on projects, and internal and external audits to ensure quality of project and timely completion.
• Compares budget to actual costs and provides advice to ensure budgets are adhered to.
• Prepares basic financial analysis in order to ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
• Follows accounting policies and procedures and control processes to ensure work is as per standard defined.
• Develops, directs, plans and evaluates accounting policies and procedures including cost accounting, general accounting, and statutory accounting
• Manages the planning and direction of accounting activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements.
• Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions, including coordination and administration of assignments.
• Conducts or assists in the documentation of cost, government and project accounting in addition to attending to financial reporting.
• Negotiates and advises on collection of overdue bills and takes appropriate action to recover overdue payments.
• Coordinates credit review, collection of unpaid bills, and fraud investigations either internally or through an outsourced service.
• Manages and investigates tax, consolidation and close data.
• Investigates and manages intercompany and fixed asset accounting.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- 3 years of experience working within a complex, matrixed organization
- ERP experience such as SAP, Hyperion
- Proficient use and experience with MS Excel
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
• Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
• Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
• Autism Benefit
• Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
• Adoption Assistance
• Best Doctors, second opinion program
• And more!
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.