SECOND SHIFT Senior Optical Manufacturing TechnicianApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
Come join a company where what you do makes a difference. For over 50 years, ISR & Space Systems, a division of Raytheon Technologies in Danbury, CT has forged groundbreaking technologies that have pushed the limits of physics, engineered the impossible, and provided actionable intelligence to keep our Armed Forces and nation safe. We are dedicated to helping you grow your career by using all your talents, insights and experiences in a welcoming team environment. Collaborating with world class experts, you will have the opportunity to develop innovative solutions in fulfillment of our customers’ requirements. We believe in our mission and we believe in supporting our employees. We offer policies and programs that provide opportunities for continual learning, career growth and work/life balance along with a full suite of health and welfare benefits. Bring your passion, commitment and curiosity and come grow with us as together we work to make our world a safer place.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a SECOND SHIFT SENIOR OPTICAL MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN, a job that is critical to the company's success. This is an ideal job for you if you have a strong mechanical aptitude and a background in optics, optical manufacturing or metrology.
In this role, you will be part of the Optical Manufacturing team which is responsible for producing precision optics and optical assemblies. As a highly experienced Optician, you will be part of a team which includes other Opticians, Metrologists, Machinists, Technicians, Technologists and Engineers. This position will expose you to various optical manufacturing assignments supporting multiple business units. You will be required to support new and existing programs. Major duties include manufacture of optics; precision inspections and measurements. Key to the position is the ability to providing mentoring and assistance to junior team members within the Optical Manufacturing group. Your responsibilities include:
- Manufacturing high precision optics in accordance with manufacturing documentation, process documentation and technical requirements
- Being highly proficient in the operation of standard optical manufacturing equipment (e.g., saws, spindles, sandblasters, twin side grinders and polishers)
- Draw upon your experience and knowledge of optical manufacturing techniques to improve processes and identify opportunities to ensure quality and improve efficiency
- Work in partnership with Optical Methods Engineers with process refinements and enhancements
- Hand lap polishing to very stringent tolerances
- Lens polishing to exacting specifications using interferometry
- Expertise in polishing prisms, plane parallels and etalons
- Skilled at performing polishing techniques on crystals, metals and IR materials
- Highly skilled in using test plates, auto collimators, gauges, Vernier calipers and micrometers
- Competent in all forms of lens and flat blocking/spherical grinding and polishing
- Support full compliance to Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) requirements
Education / Certifications
Technical School, Associates Degree in related field or equivalent experience in a manufacturing or technical area
Experience / Qualifications
- 15 plus years of relevant experience in precision grinding and polishing along with a demonstrated ability to solve complex tasks
- Extensive knowledge in specialized functions, a wide and comprehensive understanding of both general and specific aspects of the job. Thought of as a subject matter expert.
- Capable of writing procedures
- Familiarity with manufacturing standards and practices
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or mentoring
- Strong people skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Capable of identifying problems and recommending solutions on a variety of the more complex issues
- Highly proficient in the operation of standard optical manufacturing equipment (e.g., saws, spindles, sandblasters, twin side grinders and polishers)
- A full understanding of Mil-Spec scratch-dig tolerances with the ability to self-determine the quality of work produced
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must have basic computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office )
- Familiar with basic optical fabrication techniques including: handling & protecting, cleaning, blocking, grinding, polishing, edging and measuring
- Familiar with machinery and optical manufacturing equipment
- Experience with special processes (e.g., coating, metrology, machine operations
Due to government contract requirements, sole US Citizenship, and not dual citizenship with another country, is required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.