Operational Quality Support Services Co-op (Spring/Summer 2020)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
If you want to help make our world a safer place – in space, in the air, on the ground, in the sea – then a Spring/Summer Co-op with the ISR & Space Systems team in Danbury Connecticut may be the place for you. Every day we support critical missions of warfighters and astronauts with cutting-edge vision, reconnaissance and life-support systems. Our mission is their success. This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
This is a paid position and will begin January 6, 2020 and is Full Time – 40 hours a week. It will run from January through summer.
A stipend and/or housing allowance is offered to those who meet the eligibility requirements. Students are responsible for securing their own housing if needed.
You will benefit from working side by side with a talented and experienced group of professionals eager to mentor. Day to day activities can involve significant interaction with various functional groups such as Engineering, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain and Quality, allowing for additional broad learning opportunities.
- Developing, Maintaining, and executing the facility monitoring system for the facility to assure environmental compliance (Temperature/Humidity)
- Conducting compliance verifications for the Electrostatic Discharge Certification program.
- Conducting Contamination Control work area certifications.
- Continuous improvement of Quality Services processes
- Must be enrolled as a full time student preceding and following the assignment
- GPA of 3.0 or above is required at both the time of application and start date
- Due to contract requirements, this position is only available to US Citizens (No Dual Citizenship)
- Must have completed the following courses: Electronics, Chemistry or Physics, Computer programming language (i.e. Visual basic, Java, C#...)
- Must have excellent computer skills including knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications
- Must have experience with the following programs/software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Proven leadership ability, initiative, and individuals that are self-motivated
- Critical/strategic thinking ability
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions that drive results
- Ability to use a digital multi-meter and other measuring devices
- Must be able to work in both office and lab environments
- Will be exposed to chemicals and solvents
- Will be required to move up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stretch, climb
- Will be required to wear PPE in labs and clean rooms
Candidate must be pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering ; other disciplines may be considered. In addition you must have completed a minimum of 24 college credits.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.