Staff Engineer - Supplier QualityApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCT99: Field Office - CT Remote Location, Remote City, CT, 06032 USA
This position is for a senior level Supplier Quality Engineer with direct support responsibilities to Collin’s Global Operations supplier quality. In this role Sr. SQE will work as an individual contributor to achieve objectives established by the business unit, as well as objectives established by the sites in support of high impact supplier nonconformances. Project and time management skills will be essential to the success of this role including industry and customer experience to influence supplier qualification, development, escape management and issue resolution.
- Conducts/supports supplier root cause analysis and problem solving (Red-X, 8D) investigations in the event of a supplier escape to Collins Aerospace.
- Monitors supplier corrective actions status and performance ratings to ensure Collins flow down requirements are met.
- Manages supplier quality issues through monitoring / escalation processes, escape management, processing of supplier submission of non-conforming material and supporting internal material/product reviews for supplier nonconformances identified in house.
- Conducts/supports material release/inspection activities with suppliers, including DSQR/DQR inspection activities
- Supports Work Transfer Teams with supplier process/metrics reviews and makes recommendations to ensure supplier is capable of meeting all requirements of the Work Transfer process, including change management, CAI/FAI & UPPAP acceptance.
- Coordinates reviews and acceptance of supplier corrective action responses to ensure all customer expectations are met.
- Supports Collins Engineering, Program Quality and Supply Chain on problem resolution of product where nonconformance & root cause is unknown.
- Supports special projects as assigned
- Performs onsite assessments/audits with suppliers to ensure product and process conformity.
- Works with suppliers to establish and drive Zero Defect Culture through use of Collins ZDP Program.
- Analyzes quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies and addresses with key proactive quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation.
- Mentors support team by providing technical support and guidance in the area of electronics expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience in Aerospace Circuit Card Assemblies or Harnesses
- Experience working with industry standards J-STD-001, IPC-A-610, or IPC-A-620
- Project Management experience
- Experience managing supplier and customer relationships
- This position is located in Windsor Locks, CT and the opportunity to work remotely may be considered
- If remote, need to have the ability to travel 10% to work with team
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment, you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.