Mechanical Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The engineering intern is charged with supporting the design team with design tasks associated with new seating product development projects. The intern will be responsible for specific tasks within a design engineering project or projects in support of engineering deliverables through all phases of development from concept generation through certification testing and initial production implementation. These tasks include CAD design using NX / Teamcenter, preparation and release of engineering drawings/documents, supporting fabrication of test articles, and supporting tests.
- Successfully execute design tasks required utilizing Unigraphics NX CAD system and Team Center Product Lifecycle Management software
- Work as part of a cohesive engineering team and Integrated Product Develop Team (IPDT)
- Understand product specific technical requirements
- Support product testing with fabrication of test articles, fixtures, and execution of tests
- Interact with internal customers as required to complete tasks
- Adhere to all company rules and codes of conduct
- Perform other duties as required
- Pursuing a BS Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering degree
- Academic exposure to mechanical component design principles and practices
- US Citizen or Green Card required
- Hands-on experience building metal or wood products
Travel is not expected for this position, but could be necessary if a project requires off-site testing during the internship period.
Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.