Inspection Tech IIApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCO01: Interiors (Seats) - CO Springs 1275 N Newport Road, Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
- Inspect parts, assemblies and material to ensure compliance to drawing, or customer directed specifications
- Use of mechanical inspection tools and gages (Measurement and Test Equipment) as necessary, for specific inspection operations
- Uses and interprets the Material Resource Planning (MRP) system
- Reports non- conformance, using the Non-conforming Material Reporting system
- Assists Quality Management, as directed
- Inspects manufactured products, purchased samples, materials and parts, control samples, processes, or test data for conformity to blueprints, specifications and standards
- Identify product items as accepted or rejected
- Reports inspection results and substandard conditions on appropriate forms or computer
- Inspects production machine and process setups when applicable using first production pieces, setup pieces, shift samples, etc. according to checklists, blueprints, routing and standards
- Informs lead/supervision of abnormal situations
- Assists in cross training of new hires and Inspector I
- Ensures quality product utilizing Collins quality procedures
- Adheres to all Collins rules and codes of conduct
- Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace
- Provides continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
- May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of three years relevant job experience with another company OR one year as an Inspector I at Collins Aerospace.
- Standard inspection tooling and techniques (gauge pins, height stands, micrometers, calipers).
- First Article Inspection experience – AS9102 standard.
- GD&T (geometric dimensioning & tolerancing) drawing experience.
- Machine parts inspection preferred.
- Inspection of aerospace and/or military parts preferred.
- Parachute inspection would be preferred
- Ability to read drawings and specifications
- Have knowledge of marking requirements, and be able to use part making tools and resources to ensure part/assembly traceability
- Must be able to use calipers, micrometers, and other hand tools
- Consistently be at work and communicate appropriately any attendance issues with your supervisor as per policy
- Consistently at their workstation at the appropriately scheduled time
- Does not abuse breaks and/or departure times
Shift for this role will be 6:00 A.M. – 2:30 P.M. plus potential overtime
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.