Work Transfer Project ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Work Transfer Project Manager to lead work transfer projects with an understanding of the work transfer process and a deep knowledge and technical expertise in Project Management. Drawing on your expertise you will develop project plans and schedules. You will also identify project problems, recommend solutions, document project delays, perform critical path analyses and present progress reports.
**Position is currently working remote, may need to work onsite when circumstances permit
- Develops project plans, schedules for projects under his/her responsibility with customer and supplier buy in and suggests appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the established project plan and schedule.
- Performs critical path analysis and prepares and implements work-around plans to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Conducts meetings, consolidates, and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the project(s).
- Identifies and reacts to project problems and recommends solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Regularly interacts and interfaces with internal customers and external suppliers to ensure coordination and integration with the applicable program demand schedule and customer requirements.
- Execution of the activities to successfully transfer the work packaged on schedule.
- Develop and manage the inventory transition plan to ensure continued supply of products for customers during the transition.
- Ensure compliance of technical and regulatory requirements including approvals, certification and qualification of the products in the new location.
- Ensure demonstrated production capability prior to hand-off to sustaining organizations.
- Will travel 15-20% to suppliers, potential international travel 1-2x a year
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Excellent data management and analytic skills.
- A general understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to communicate and make presentations to senior level leadership
- ERP experience
- Continuous Improvement Tool experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead project teams.
- Basic Excel experience
- Able to create MS PowerPoint presentations
- Able to travel up to 15% domestically and internationally when circumstances permit
- Experience in a manufacturing engineering role in the Aerospace Industry
- SAP experience
- MS Project experience
- Manufacturing/Operations/Quality Engineering experience
- Knowledge of export/ITC regulations and policies
- Lean, continuous improvement, or six sigma knowledge
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- PMP Certification
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.