Technical Writer, Entry LevelApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We are looking to bring on a Technical Writer, Entry Level for our Aftermarket group who will develop technical publication and production maintenance manuals.
- Participates in drafting operations and maintenance manuals and technical publications.
- Analyzes available technical data including drawings, design reports, equipment, and test specifications.
- Reviews engineering drawings to determine the need for revisions in previously published materials.
- May prepare written text and coordinate layouts and organization of technical manuals and other documents according to prepared outlines and specifications.
- Coordinates interviews with product developers, engineers, mechanics and other technical experts, participates in the observation of production methods, and refers to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals to acquire knowledge needed to develop technical publications.
- May work with engineers and other technical personnel to clarify technical document contents.
- Maintains work records and ensures all files are organized and accurate.
- Writes, rewrites and / or edits technical documents to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
- Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods and referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations and trade journals.
- Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts.
- Conducts quality review of materials.
- Distributes technical materials through appropriate media channels.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and less than 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Aerospace industry experience
- Possess technical writing and PC skills
- Familiarity with aircraft nacelle structures and systems
- Knowledge in technical understanding of maintenance, repair, and regulatory requirements in the commercial aircraft industry
- Experience using any of the following: Corena, ISO Draw, XML, Arbor Text, and Frame Maker
- Ability to communicate and coordinate well with internal customers
- Be driven to achieve customer satisfaction including qualities such as responsiveness, quality, and on time delivery
- Provide support for technical inquiries
- Aerospace Experience
- Familiar with FAA regulations, FAR 33 & FAR 25
- Familiar with iSpec2200 and S1000D guidelines.
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ability to buy an additional week of vacation
- Employee scholar program
- Funding of courses for pursuing approved certifications
- Annual Merit and performance review
- Numerous paths for advancement – both within team you join and outside
- UTFlex program consideration
- Primary CareTake leave
- Parental Leave
- And More!!
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.