Staff Structural Engineer, AftermarketApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We are looking to bring on a Staff Structural Engineer, Aftermarket who will conduct Stress analysis relating to development of new, and updates to existing Repairs and Allowable Damage Limits across all UTAS Legacy Platforms in a highly customer focused environment.
- Stress analysis relating to development of new, and updates to existing Repairs and Allowable Damage Limits across all UTAS Legacy Platforms.
- Coordinate/Project Manage Stress analysis work with 3rd party vendors and global support teams.
- Develop standards and provide stress analysis for repair solutions on commercial nacelle hardware that are compliant with certified type design and airworthiness (FAA/EASA) requirements.
Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Detailed knowledge of repair practices used in the aerospace industry.
- Ability to apply advanced structural analysis principals to support repair design development on metallic and composite structures. Thorough understanding of load path and load balance and experience in classical hand analysis methods used in Aerospace structural analysis.
- Experience with of Nastran
- Patran Knowledge
- Detailed understanding of aircraft structural components.
- Possess excellent technical writing and PC skills.
- Capable of positively interacting in a team environment and have good listening and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to represent company in technical review meetings and have excellent customer relations and negotiating skills.
- Willing to mentor engineers with less experience.
- Nacelle Structure experience
- Familiar with various aircraft repair manuals
- Visual basic knowledge
- CATIA experience
- Nastran soln's 101, 105, 106
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ability to buy an additional week of vacation
- Employee scholar program
- Funding of courses for pursuing approved certifications
- Annual Merit and performance review
- Numerous paths for advancement – both within team you join and outside
- UTFlex program consideration
- Primary CareTake leave
- Parental Leave
- And More!!
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.