Sr. ITC, (International Trade Compliance) SpecialistApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:CACA1: NOR Goodrich 850 Lagoon Drive, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
This position is for a Seasoned International Trade Compliance professional working independently. Advises on the operation of compliance programs, implements compliance policies, and maintains trade compliance records.
Specific primary responsibilities of this role include:
Sr. ITC, (International Trade Compliance) Specialist will support all business functions of the Chula Vista, California Aerostructures ITC office.
- Perform Export (Commodity, Technology/Technical Data, and Software) and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) Classification determinations under US and non-US regulations.
- Develop Work Instructions for Export, HTS Classification, and elsewhere as needed.
- Provide Export and HTS Classification training to perspective ITC Classifiers.
- Provide advice/guidance to ITC Classifiers for technical interpretations of Export and HTS Classification.
- Provide regulatory interpretation and guidance in the following areas: Anti-boycott/Restrictive Trade Practices, export Control Classification, Export Licensing, Compliance training, Export Documentation, Tariff Classification.
- Advises internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of complex compliance programs to ensure business objectives are in compliance with all relevant laws and guidelines.
- Assesses emerging compliance issues with management or employees to identify the potential impact of future laws and regulations on the organization.
- Maintains, analyzes and reviews applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements to ensure legal compliance.
- Establishes and maintains training and audit / assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Participate/Lead in ITC council meetings.
- Participate in ITC site investigations/audits.
- Conduct audits to assess the export/import compliance and assist in determining and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Provide guidance to site functional teams regarding visitor management, technology marking, technology transfer methods, international travel, reporting and other administrative requirements for export compliance.
- Continuously evaluate current processes and recommend relevant changes or improvements to increase efficiency/productivity.
- Additional ITC activities assigned by a direct or indirect ITC manager.
- 4+ years of international trade compliance experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in performing Export and Tariff Classification
- Strong working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Strong working knowledge of the various export authorization types/uses under each set of regulations.
- Experience working with U.S. government export authorizations.
- Must be a US person.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and five years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience.
Preferred Experience / Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of SAP/GTS.
- Experience in Aerospace operations is desirable.
- Program/product knowledge and general knowledge of technology transfer requirements and restrictions.
- Skilled communicator about compliance to other business function
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.