Senior Manager Government AccountingApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Senior Manager Government Accounting experienced professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. You will be a key member of a highly impactful team that develops strategic plans to assure compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS). You will also serve as a strategic partner to Collins business units and help improve critical areas of the business through data driven projects and analysis. In addition, you will need to have strong accounting, data analytics, communication, and presentation skills.
**Position is currently working remote, may need to work onsite in Chula Vista when circumstances permit**
- Assist in ensuring compliance to Government contract requirements (training, reporting, procurement integrity, pricing integrity and auditing requirements)
- Support company efforts to assure compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), CAS, DFARS, as well as contractual terms and conditions.
- Interpretation/application of USG regulations (Cost Accounting Standards, FAR Cost Principles) in support of business unit inquiries and USG customer.
- Assess information received from government contracting agencies and regulators and disseminate to impacted personnel.
- Design, implement, and manage governance of accounting structure and testing.
- Support audits, internal and USG, as needed.
- Assist in identification, development and implementation of new contract/subcontract policies and processes.
- Provide administrative support as necessary, including drafting correspondence, online research, and file organization to the Government business team
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Experience with U.S. Government Contracting for commercial and military products.
- Detailed knowledge of key requirements, practices, and terms and conditions relating to the sale of products paid for by the Government including: Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Supplement to the FAR such as VA, DoD, GSA, etc.
- Able to communicate and make presentations to senior and executive level leadership
- MS PowerPoint-create presentations
- MS Excel-Pivot Tables & VLOOKUP experience
- Able to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally (when circumstances permit)
- Aerospace industry experience
- SAP and/or HFM knowledge
- Comfortable working in a data driven, fast-paced, ambiguous, and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with ability to derive insights from data analysis
- Self-directed and resourceful with the ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships and foster a collaborative environment with all stakeholders
- Integrity, reliability, initiative and the ability to meet tight deadlines
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.