Senior Accounting ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
The Senior Manager of Accounting for UTAS – Aerostructures is responsible for leading and supporting the month-end and quarter-end financial close process for the consolidated Aerostructures business unit. The job will require coordination with multiple foreign and domestic subsidiaries to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial reporting on a consolidated basis and will require management of results in multiple functional currencies.
The Senior Manager of Accounting will also be responsible for the constant evaluation of Aerostructures’ controls environment, including testing of those controls as they relate to the Accounting and Financial reporting functions.
The ideal candidate will take initiative to identify unusual and complex issues raised throughout the SBU and propose the appropriate accounting treatment, and work closely with leadership to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Leads a team of accounting mangers to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close financials.
- Prepares, records, analyzes and reports accounting transactions, including coordination and administration of assignments.
- Manages consolidation process of 23 of domestic and international entities
- Reviews the monthly reporting packages and corresponding tie-outs for various entities, including month-over-month comparisons of the financials, explaining movements from prior month and the monthly forecast.
- Reviews high risk journal entries, account reconciliations, and other accounting transactions and ensure that financial statements are GAAP compliant.
- Manages the planning and direction of accounting activities, including the maintenance of the ledger accounts and financial statements.
- Ensures compliance of accounting policies, procedures and controls for all the projects and financial statements.
- Facilitates process improvements both within the accounting group and within the organization as a whole
- Interfaces with other departments and business units to obtain information required for accounting analysis and process improvements.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Coordinates the external and internal audit to ensure timely completion of requests and help facilitate any resolutions as needed.
- Coaches, develops, and mentors team of managers including performance evaluations and timely feedback
- Advises team regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- 8+ years of strong accounting experience, including experience with consolidations and working for a publicly traded company
- CPA license required
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Adaptability to manage multiple and varied tasks
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- ERP experience, preferably SAP
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management consolidating system
- Strong working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.