Principal Design Operations LeadApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for an Principal Design Operations Lead who will be responsible for leading operations activities related to programs in the design and development phase to ensure all design and development activities and associated business planning capture the industrialization needs to meet financial, technical, and schedule requirements. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing processes, policies, procedures, standard work, training, and other management system elements to drive and sustain the industrial design readiness process.
- Manage the development and deployment of an operations readiness process for design and development activities, ensuring comprehensive and consistent adoption across all programs
- Partner cross-functionally to develop and lead a robust industrialization process, including improvement and execution activities, with particular focus on operational readiness, risk identification and management, and change management in the design and development phase of the product lifecycle
- Develop and maintain process documentation (policies, procedures, tools, templates, work instructions, training) in conjunction with cross-functional stakeholders. Standardize and incorporate best practices and lessons learned
- Serve as operations organization lead in all design and development integrated project teams, coordinate completion of all operations inputs and deliverables to support design readiness
- Lead maturation of manufacturing readiness plans during the design and development phase, including schedule, key milestones, risks and opportunities, and assumptions
- Ensure critical operations elements such as design for manufacturing (DfM), design for cost (DfC), and producibility are incorporated into the earliest phases of the product lifecycle and mature according to the product lifecycle operating system
- Lead and champion the use of phasegate approval processes and councils/ guidance management teams (GMTs) to support cross-functional engagement and alignment to critical decisions and pursuit progress
- Coordinate with bid readiness and production readiness industrialization leads to ensure seamless integration and effective handoffs from all stakeholders across product lifecycle from pursuit to full rate production
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Experience with new program/product introductions
- Able to communicate and make presentations to senior level leadership
- Expert project management skills with strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing, and/or working through Management Systems including risk & opportunity management, root cause analysis, and mistake proofing
- Strong communicator able to produce results in a fast paced, highly collaborative work environment
- MS PowerPoint-create presentations
- Must be able to travel up to 10% domestically and international (when circumstances permit)
- Degree in engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial preferred)
- Experience in design & development program phases
- Proficient in building best in class processes and implementing strong process rigor in the area of new product introduction
- Experience implementing and/ or working with the elements of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) and PPAP (Production Part Approval Process)
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Employee Scholar Program, tuition reimbursement program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Incentives for a Healthy You
- Bright Horizons, back-up child / elder care and college coach resources
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.