Manufacturing Support & Producibility EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Support & Producibility Engineer who will serve as a bridge between Design and Manufacturing by providing your skillset and knowledge of design, tooling and manufacturing methods in order to ensure Producibility, ready for manufacture and new product introduction support to domestic and international sites across Aerostructures. You will be using cutting edge technology including digital tools, robotics and automation to support metallic and composite design, tooling, manufacturing and assembly. You will be a key advocate in design, tooling, manufacturing and assembly process improvements, supporting quality and continuous improvement efforts across Aerostructures. You will have the ability to work autonomously with limited oversight and work with the Manufacturing Support Organization. In addition, you will coach, train, provide guidance and review the work of lower level professionals while influencing others regarding policies, practices and procedures and be a Lean Leader for the organization through continuous improvement activities utilizing the ACE Operating System and lean tools.
- Ensures sequence on manufacturing process and product builds, is followed and complies with EH&S and Quality requirements.
- Owns design and arrangement of machines of the manufacturing process (layout)
- Create production planning and tool orders while examining manufacturing processes, tooling philosophies and routing operations to suggest improvements
- Improve manufacturing processes/ products to achieve producibility (managing tool orders, shop aid design, etc.)
- Implement process upgrades by applying various engineering applications such as: robotics and automation.
- Identify opportunities on drawings and specs to influence changes to engineering designs and line balancing,
- Participate in tool design reviews to ensure tools are feasible and reduce build times and program costs during fabrication.
- Liaison with Design engineering for producibility improvement / design changes. Understands product designs and can identify & suggest changes.
- Owns creation, maintaining and improvement of manufacturing process documents (routings, BOM, Visual aids, Std work, etc.).
- Uses data analytics / SPC for productivity, First Pass Yield and OEE targets and improvement.
- Seek constantly for new solutions to improve producibility and process capability (CPk), using and driving new techniques, fixtures-poka-yoke, and any device towards reducing DTM/LWW and Quality.
- Drive problem solving initiatives & challenge status QUO (C/A Investigations, OEE, FPY, Customer escapes )
- Participates and contributes on PFMEA and Control Plans
- Owns creation and maintains manufacturing process documents (routings, BOM, Visual aids, Std work, etc).
- Participate on digital manufacturing solutions with support from Digital subject matter experts
- Participate and Co-Lead CI/ACE events-ensure focus to reduce DTM’s, Cost Reduction EHS risk, etc.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Degree and less than 3 years of Manufacturing experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of Manufacturing experience is required
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and engineering drawings/models.
- Ability to demonstrate adaptation of machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Read, write, speak and understand work instructions both verbal and written, perform basic math calculations and conduct self-inspection / audit.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and manage resources along with effective time management and organizational skills.
- Strong Mechanical/Manufacturing Aptitude.
- Good understanding of assembly, machining and composite manufacturing processes.
- Good understanding of tool fabrication processes
- Good understanding of ANSI Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM systems, CATIA V5 MBD or similar experience preferred.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and good technical writing skills.
- Able to work in a dynamic work environment and able to interface with all levels of the organization from the shop floor to senior leadership. Able to function effectively and navigate in a factory setting. Self-motivated with a passion for Manufacturing Engineering and proven problem-solving and mistake-proofing abilities. Strong written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on in-person interactions
- Must be a US Citizen
- Up to 25% travel domestically and internationally
- Robotics and Automation – basics
- Project Management – basic understanding
- Experienced in Lean manufacturing principles and strong aptitude towards implementing continuous improvement.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Ability to buy an additional week of vacation
- Employee scholar program
- Funding of courses for pursuing approved certifications
- Annual Merit and performance review
- Numerous paths for advancement – both within team you join and outside
- UTFlex program consideration
- Primary CareTake leave
- Parental Leave
- And More!!
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.