Manager, Materials, Planning, SIOPApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
The Aerostructures Tech Project Owner/ Special Projects Lead is the expert focal for operational and material management data analytics for the Airbus Portfolio. This individual is responsible for developing standard reporting tools in order to support the team’s goals and objectives.
The Tech Project Owner/ Special Projects Lead is responsible for assisting the Airbus Materials Manager in rolling out Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau and SAP add-on modules.
This is a highly cross-functional and collaborative role with significant interaction with Operations,Logistics, Supply Chain, Materials Management and IT. This individual will provide systems and solutions expertise while effectively communicating with technical teams and business stakeholders. A qualified candidate must have both technical and operational experience and ability to operate with multiple projects simultaneously, identify business requirements and rapidly develop working tools and new processes.
Additional responsibilities include various monthly reporting, variance analysis, SAP health measure reporting, master data reporting, and SIOP analysis (Demand, Supply, and Executive Reviews)
- Suggest and deploy technology-enabled solutions to optimize operational outcomes
- Build dashboards to auto-generate and distribute key performance indicators
- Create custom queries for ad-hoc and ongoing customer analytical requests
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Finance, and Sites on a recurring basis to ensure that all inventory-related metrics are aligned across the Airbus Portfolio
- Work with the central materials management group to develop and deploy automated reporting systems across the the Airbus portfolio
- Coordinate data collection for the monthly working capital presentation for the value stream group
- Track and report key performance indicators (Days to Manufacture, Days on Hand, Input/Output etc…) and proactively identify appropriate actions to close gaps and to drive continuous improvement.
- Present and showcase new digital tools to all levels of the organization to drive implementation
- Maintain and adapt existing reports
- Act as Airbus Portfolio liaison to Digital Technologies Council
Candidates for this role should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in an analytical role, preferably in Finance, Materials Management, or Operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Businesses, MES, Finance, Economics, or related field
- ERP/SAP or other MRP system experience
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, Webi, or other business intelligence software
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of financial terms and concepts
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience
- Strong Analytic Skills
- Strong desire for problem solving
- Ability to connect the dots
- Consolidate and utilize data from various sources
- Analyze and find root cause for variances
- Create clear/concise reports for presentation
- Able to analyze own processes for continuous improvement opportunities
- Strong Excel Skills
- Strong Power BI skills
- Utilize formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc in order to create reports/models that are efficient, scalable, and automated
- Experienced communicator
- Must be able to present analysis to Senior Management and Peers clearly and concisely, tailoring message to audience
- Must be able to work with different Sites, Programs, and Functional Groups to gather information and execute on plans
- Change agent – able to explain and drive change across the business
- Able to create clear and concise PowerPoints and run effective meetings
- Cross-Functional Experience
- Must be able to partner with Sites, Programs, and Functions throughout the US and Globally
- APICS/CPIM Certificate
- Strong lean manufacturing skills
- Advanced Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access experience
- Advanced user of Power BI/Tableau and have knowledge of Programming, logic, and/or data warehousing such as Access, VBA, Business Objects, or Business Warehouse.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.