Accounting ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HCA21: Aerostructures - Chula Vista 850 Lagoon Blvd, Chula Vista, CA, 91910 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for an Accounting Manager to work within highly visible accounting and reporting group who will be responsible for month end close and reporting process. You will interact closely with members of finance, operations and technical accounting, along with the Corporate Controller’s team to ensure accurate reporting and full compliance with all external standards. You will manage internal/external reporting needs, such as 10Q disclosures, Supplemental reporting schedules, and Quarterly Accounting Reviews. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to assist in special projects, process improvements and utilize your problem-solving abilities in a role that is very dynamic.
The successful candidate possesses excellent financial analysis and modeling skills with experience in leading a small team in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on manager who takes a proactive approach to problem solving and possesses the ability to effectively communicate (verbally and orally) to Senior Leadership.
**Position currently working remote, may need to come onsite when circumstances permit**
- Oversees monthly accruals and recording of month-end journal entries while managing a small team of accountants.
- Executes and provides analysis for various accounting processes such as accrued liabilities, lease accounting, warranty accrual and/or other areas as assigned.
- Supports the month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing process and ensures timely completion and accuracy.
- Assists in the resolution of non-recurring accounting items and partners with Technical accounting team to provide guidance to program finance.
- Performs consolidated balance sheet analysis and fluctuation analysis to formulate a story for presentation of results to the Controller’s office.
- Manages internal/external reporting needs, such as 10Q disclosures, Supplemental reporting schedules, and Quarterly Accounting Reviews.
- Reviews journal entries and account reconciliations for multiple programs and legal entities for correct accounting and documentation.
- Analyzes financial results across multiple legal entities with multiple currencies and leads accounting reviews with subsidiaries.
- Partners with key contacts at various levels of the organization.
- Participates in process improvements, reporting enhancements and special projects as needed.
- Manages and analyzes activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control financial resources and compliance with company policies.
- Identifies opportunities to improve standard work procedures.
- Supports internal and external audits for process compliance and timely completion.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- US GAAP experience
- ERP experience
- Able to manage multiple projects & deliverables simultaneously
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior level leadership
- MS PowerPoint-creating presentations
- MS Excel-Pivot Tables, VLookups, SUM IFs
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Government Accounting experience
- Familiarity with the Aerospace industry
- Excel Macros etc.
- SAP & BW experience
- Public Accounting experience
- Experience leading small teams
- Continuous Improvement tool experience: Lean, Six Sigma or ACE
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace’s Aerostructures business is a world leader in the design, manufacture, integration and support of nacelles -- the aerodynamic structures which house aircraft engines. Our nacelle technologies improve fuel efficiency, reduce engine noise and supply critical stopping power when an airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing commercial, regional and business jet platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite and elastomeric structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
- Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.