Director, Operations SystemsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HNC01: UTAS Headquarters (HS) 2730 West Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC, 28217 USA
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Director of Operations Systems to drive the Raytheon Lean Operating System (CORE), aligned Policy Deployment and an integrated Quality Council supporting continuous improvement of Quality Management Systems across all Business Units. This role champions the enterprise level Continuous Improvement Strategy.
Collaborating with functional and operations leaders on the team, this position will develop and deploy the enterprise continuous improvement culture as part of CORE, leading operations excellence initiatives to drive improvements in Quality, Delivery and Cost/Productivity. Additionally, this role will also collaborate with Engineering OpEx efforts to institutionalize lean processes with NPI and Program Management, with a focus on driving R&D spend efficiency and margin improvements via lean industrialization/VAVE, leveraging best practices across Collins/Raytheon.
- Drives Policy Deployment, maintaining strong alignment with Collins and Raytheon plans (support Strategic Financial Plan, Long Range Plan and Annual Operating Plan)
- Serves as the enterprise Quality Council leader, maintaining alignment with Business Units and Collins Central. Leverage the Quality Council to provide proactive risk mitigation and best practices sharing. Maintain visibility of BU Quality Management Systems and support continuous improvement efforts of individual QMS’s
- Develops and maintains the enterprise Continuous Improvement Strategy. Leveraging CORE, this strategy involves setting up and driving value stream improvement cycles for all Business Units
- Hosts Lean Leadership events to fuel the continuous improvement strategy / value stream improvement cycles across all businesses
- Collaborates with members of the Collins Operations Leadership Team within a matrix structure to maintain alignment and to synergize on continuous improvement efforts. Specifically, this role aligns closely with the Operations Modernization/CORE and Quality leaders at the Collins OLT
- Supports talent development and career progression for Quality and CORE councils, working closely with BUs and Collins OLT
- Maintains the knowledge management repository and best practices sharing culture across the enterprise
- Owns the execution of long-term strategy (e.g., more than 3 years) and operational direction, typically for an entire region, country, product or business of significant size and scope.
- Problems faced are often complex and require extensive investigation and analysis.
- Requires ability to influence others to accept practices and approaches, and ability to communicate and influence senior executive leadership.
- Manages key process flows for central operations including policy deployment, strategic planning, and annual planning.
- Formulates policies for all quality related items for operations function, and ensures they are complete and documented so that established quality standards are met.
- Oversees and directs cost reduction efforts and process improvements the operations function to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Oversees and directs scheduling for operations function to ensure that the plants meet established targets and standards.
- Serves as a lean, process improvement leader for the entire operations function
- Designs innovative strategies for materials and logistics problem resolution for operations function to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Ideates and implements policies for cell performance and productivity for operations function area to maximize productivity.
- Supports and directs production innovation, including additive manufacturing, I4.0, etc. for operations function to enhance production capabilities.
- Consults with and strategically advises customers to ensure that customers' needs are met.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 10 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering, business
- 10+ years experiences in manufacturing / operations or related experiences
- Experience with continuous improvement and lean initiatives
- Awareness of Quality management system
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems, cargo systems, and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.