Visual DesignerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Collins Aerospace is seeking a highly-skilled, visionary designer who works independently to tackle complex subjects and turn them into meaningful, rich content. Reporting to the Sr Manager of Collins Creative, you’ll work in a collaborative, fast-paced setting with other designers, writers and communication experts to design impactful content for our business.
This work requires an independent, strategic thinker who is confident in conceptualizing and delivering new creative in a highly technical environment. This position will enhance and grow our internal digital design capabilities while also working on traditional print projects. In addition to possessing top-shelf creative skills, successful candidates will have a flexible mindset, the ability to multi-task and self-prioritize work while possessing excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. The right candidates will require little to no supervision on a daily basis.
- Leads campaign design efforts while working with communication experts across multiple strategic business units and functional organizations
- Expert in mix-media design, including print to animation and motion graphic design with an ability to educate other designers
- Adept in designing for responsive web designs; strong understanding of web-based user interface design
- Innovative thinker who can create rich, compelling creative, with an emphasis on digital and multimedia mediums; includes solid background in print.
- Serves as brand steward by adhering to and promoting rich content design across all projects; may serve as advisor for design team.
- Independently advises internal customers, including executive leadership, on best visual design strategies to meet a particular audience
- Comfortable presenting directly to internal customers, including executive leadership, in order to “sell” concepts
- Manages photo and video shoots, including storyboarding visual assets, advising on script writing and managing third party vendors
- Develops concepts/visual storyboards to steer internal partners or external vendors on creative direction; includes developing multiple creative concepts to share with customers prior to execution of final deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple projects across multiple mediums at one time to meet aggressive deadlines
- Highly flexible with an ability to pivot from one project to the next easily and efficiently
- Expert at working through escalations and difficult situations independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proficient in preparing and presenting materials to audiences, including executive leadership
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Working with writers, distills complex technical product and service messages into simple, compelling design
- Strong attention to detail with minimal to no quality escapes
- Completes independent image searches to enhance digital asset management tool and understands rights managed content.
- Responsible for maintaining individual project schedules utilizing InMotion software to maintain visibility of project status
- Fosters a creative, inclusive environment where brainstorming ideas is encouraged
- Passion for staying on top of creative trends and a willingness to participate in continual learning opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of relevant experience; in the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience
- Intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work
- Portfolio showcasing previous design work in different mediums
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and After Effects)
- Thorough understanding of usability, UI and UX Design in responsive web environments
- Keen understanding of typography in both print and digital media, including illustration, prototyping and/or multimedia skills
- Proven ability to communicate creative solutions with confidence, ease and clarity
- Addresses workload with a sense of urgency
- Located in Cedar Rapids, IA (preferred), Charlotte, NC, Annapolis, MD, or Windsor Locks, CT - but will consider those interested in working remotely - if not local.
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience, including 3-4 years of art director experience
- Creative experience in aerospace and defense
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.