Supplier Quality Assurance ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Looking for a highly motivated leader to fulfill an opening as a Manager in our Mission Systems (MiS) Supplier Quality Assurance - Strategy and Integration organization.
This role serves as the leader of our work transfer and supplier performance functions within Supplier Quality. This position will lead a team of intermediate to experienced Supplier Quality professionals and execute the strategy and operational plans of the Supplier Quality team. Candidates should feel comfortable setting objectives and goals in order to guide and develop their team to success. Candidates should possess experience in Supplier Management, Quality Management Systems (QMS), Work Transfer, Special Processes, Continuous Improvement, Data Analysis, Specification Review, Inspection Methods, as well as Project Management, including team facilitation. Candidates must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills, and an overall strong quality focus. They also must be able to work within cross-functional teams to meet and improve upon established quality and delivery goals.
Other focus areas of this individual is to develop relationships within MiS, Internal Stakeholders, Central organizations, Program Management and Engineering teams. A primary goal within this role is to create a culture of partnership with our internal teams and supply base in order to investigate and correct supplier quality issues and establish a culture of continuous improvement. The goal is to create a trusting relationship with an emphasis on removing waste and variability from processes in MiS sites, mitigate risk, and improving the suppliers' quality and delivery. Candidates should also have the knowledge in lean and lean techniques with an ability to work with suppliers, supply base, and MiS sites on operational and quality improvement.
- Manages oversight of Supplier Quality work transfer activities as a partner with internal stakeholders.
- Manages processes to ensure that supplier is capable to meet all requirements for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process acceptance.
- Manages Supplier Quality operational plans and initiatives with a direct impact on driving supplier qualification / certification, assessment, monitoring, escape management, and / or quality issue resolution processes.
- Manages implementation of supplier specific quality initiative strategies.
- Manages processes or standards in support of organizational continuous improvement and sustainability.
- Oversees Supplier Quality related functions and activities which may include but are not limited to: special processes, supplier audit management, supplier quality requirements, compliance, and PPAP.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations on quality data and the development of part / supplier specific quality issue resolution and corrective actions.
- Analyzes quality data to identify systemic issues and develops supplier specific quality initiative strategies and addresses with key proactive quality tools (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, SPC, etc.), driving their implementation.
- Travel will be approximately 10% - 25% depending on business needs
- Ideal candidates should have experience in Supplier Management, Quality Management Systems (QMS), SAP, Continuous Improvement, Data Analysis, and possess strong Excel skills
- Solution focused – Designing and delivering solutions that meet user needs and bring value to the organization
- Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings
- ACE, Lean and Six-Sigma skill-set is a plus
- Ability to interpret Quality Management Systems (QMS) requirements into simple terms and vice-versa; along with training and development for subject matter experts and end-users
- Background in AS9100 standards strongly desired
- Support and provide mentorship to teams of varied skill levels, including technicians and professionals
- Can lead efforts and development with minimal oversight, sets objectives and guides others on execution/approach for achievement of operational results
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization – clear and concise objectives, identify and share risks and opportunities, ability to create value statement
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 8 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 4 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 15 years of relevant experience is required. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.