Staff Systems Engineer - Pro Line Fusion & 21Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Staff Systems Engineer responsible for Commercial Avionics systems development. Join our highly motivated team of engineers designing industry-leading integrated avionics flight decks for business, regional, and air-transport aircraft to support system engineering activities associated with Pro Line Fusion and Pro Line 21 avionics systems. The Pro Line Fusion system employs Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) architectures hosting application software performing a variety of functions: flight controls, flight management, radio tuning, and onboard maintenance. The Pro Line 21 system is a highly federated system that interfaces seamlessly with the Pro Line Fusion applications.
The systems engineering tasks include capturing and defining stakeholder requirements, system interconnect/interface design, coordination with design engineering and the customer, integration testing, and customer integration support. The candidate will also be responsible for providing direction, coordination, and control of assigned systems projects, including management of specific work packages for scope, cost, and schedule in accordance with established systems engineering processes.
Additional activities may include:
- Working with subsystem/domains to define and agree upon detailed requirements
- Integration of applications with IMA platform hardware/software and with the complete avionics system
- Engineering estimates preparation
- System testing and completion of certification documentation
- System architectural modeling, performance analysis and technical reporting
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline (STEM degree is highly preferred) and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- The candidate should possess a background in systems, software or hardware engineering, along with experience in system interface design.
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, well organized and able to communicate effectively with other engineers, leadership and customers.
- A background in aerospace, aviation and/or avionics is highly desirable but not an absolute necessity.
- Domestic and International travel may be required.
Experience/knowledge of any of the following would be a plus:
- Involvement in a complex aerospace/aviation systems or subsystems development
- Knowledge of commercial avionics system functionality
- Professional or recreational piloting experience
- Knowledge of JAMA, DOORS, TCP/IP, partitioned operating systems, and MS products
- Knowledge of the Pro Line 4, 21, Fusion and/or Air transport avionics systems
- Knowledge and understanding of aerospace recommended practices (DO-160, DO-178B, ARP-4754)
- Knowledge and experience working in an AGILE environment. Familiarity with JIRA and JAMA.
- Since the bulk of the work is for a Chinese aircraft OEM, the ability to speak Mandarin would be a unique and beneficial skill that should be noted in your application response.
The selected applicant would be expected to work in a technically advanced and challenging field supporting the application of integrated avionic systems to the next generation of airline aircraft.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.