Staff Systems Engineer - Avionics SystemsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Systems engineering opportunity as part of a highly motivated and multi-functional team of systems engineers responsible for designing, developing, testing, and supporting major business and regional avionics programs.
This role will be working on the future of business and regional avionics systems developing key architectures and products. The candidate is expected to be able to work with engineers, customers, and leadership to turn avionics concepts into certified products and systems.
- Generate concepts for units and systems
- Develop and evaluate trade studies between various system design alternatives
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer and internal issues and recommend corrective actions
- Significant domain knowledge and knowledge of associated products, systems and applicable regulatory requirements in assigned area (e.g. Flight Controls). May be considered a specialist in a specific systems area or a generalist in multiple systems areas and recognized in their organization. Provide inputs to technical & product roadmaps.
- Turn concepts into reality
- Validate concept prototypes
- Generate requirements
- Work with software and hardware development teams to develop great systems
- Test solutions
- Support box level and aircraft level certification
- Demonstrate products to our customers and users and gather feedback on the system
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proactively work with department certification focal(s) to create new process artifacts. Identify areas for process improvement and help drive improvements.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline (STEM degree is highly preferred) and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
- Should possess a background in systems, software or hardware engineering, along with experience in avionics system interface design
- Must be highly motivated, well organized, and able to communicate effectively with other engineers, leadership, and customers
Additional desirable skills a plus:
- Pilot or strong understanding of aircraft piloting
- Experience with avionics human machine interfaces
- Avionics systems certification experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.