Sr. S1000D AdministratorApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
The S1000D Administrator position includes, but is not limited to Common Source Data Base and S1000D tool suite management, development and management of stylesheets for multiple product types, coding decisions, applicability strategies, and BREX management to include development and testing. Interfaces with enterprise IT team to manage software upgrades, troubleshooting and testing of S1000D tool suite as well as providing front line support to global content developers, team leads and project managers for all aspects of S1000D projects.
- Liaises with program/project managers, external customers, content developers, software developers, quality team, resource managers, illustrators and editors to achieve S1000D project requirements and facilitate production objectives.
- Provide direct support to content development teams via specification education, tool support and troubleshooting.
- Develops DMRLs, stylesheets and business rules for new publication/IETP product types.
- Provides S1000D project cost estimates/bids to Program managers.
- Researches, analyzes, and translates specification requirements into business rules to support project/product requirements.
- Accountable for cost, quality, and timely delivery of all projects.
- Establishes and maintains internal and external company contacts to support publications development for Collins Aerospace equipment and platforms.
- Assists in the development of department policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is Required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Applied knowledge of S1000D (v. 4.01 to 4.2) experience in the role as a content developer, publications team lead, and/or project manager.
- Comprehensive knowledge of S1000D specification version 2.3 thru 5.0.
- Experience in CSDB management, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Experience planning/developing IETM/IETPs for either commercial aviation or military aviation platforms.
- Ability to translate business rules into XML logic for BREX development.
- Knowledge of XSL FO or XSLT as a means to work with Software Developers for stylesheet creation.
- High literacy in structured authoring (SGML, XML) environment.
- Advanced experience with developing component maintenance, illustrated parts, aircraft system, fault isolation publications and or data modules in ArborText Editor or R4i Writer.
- Knowledge of industry (iSpec 2200/ATA-2300) and military writing specifications beneficial.
- Professional attitude toward work assignments, team and customer relationships, and company/department goals and vision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, and must be able to present material effectively to both internal and external customers.
- Strong attention to detail and personal organization.
This position would ideally sit in Cedar Rapids, IA. However, there is potential for this position to be remote for the ideal candidate
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.