Specialist, Accounting and ControllershipApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are seeking a Specialist Accounting & Controllership to join the Government Fiscal Relations (GFR) team in Cedar Rapids, IA. GFR serves the corporation by performing government cost accounting and compliance activities that facilitate business with the U.S. Government. This includes regular interface with a broad finance network across the company as well as direct interaction with government oversight agency representatives. The team works in a dynamic environment and partners with business unit colleagues to support company strategies, maximize cost recovery, and demonstrate an unwavering commitment to compliance.
The successful candidate possesses excellent financial analysis and cost accounting experience and knowledge. Along with the technical expertise, the candidate is a self-starter who displays strong personal leadership, critical thinking, business acumen and the ability to effectively communicate (verbally and orally) at various levels. This position will provide exposure to various financial processes across the company and opportunity to develop proposal and negotiation skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Interface with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) on topics related to forward pricing rates, billing rates, incurred cost, and related audits under limited supervision
- Prepare and manage the Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP) and negotiate selected rates into the Forward Pricing Rate Agreement (FPRA) under limited supervision
- Prepare and submit the annual Incurred Cost Submission to establish final billing rates
- Ensure integrity of rates in all systems
- Support government accounting aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, internal reorganizations, and company initiatives
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or appropriate discipline and five years of prior relevant experience; or an advanced degree and three years of prior relevant experience
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to effectively summarize analyses and communicate at various levels
- Extensive experience balancing multiple priorities and producing quality work within a given timeframe
- Experience supporting both internal and external audits
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required, while proficiency with Microsoft Access and SAP is preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.