Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities. T&TI Engineering is responsible for all product line and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of Air Combat Training systems, maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
Our T&TI Datalink and Tools Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Software Intern to help solve real-world problems within the context of an Agile team environment. As a Software Intern in this organization, you will have the opportunity to work on all phases of the software development life cycle using Agile software development practices and develop innovative capabilities for our mobile ad-hoc (MANET) datalink as well as test infrastructure.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates must possess or meet eligibility requirements for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance.
- Basic understanding of OOA/D software development using C++ and Python
- Basic understanding of networking protocols
- Basic understanding of configuration management tools (e.g., Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
- Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
A successful candidate may possess the following:
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools (e.g., JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, etc.).
- Familiarity with multi-threaded or real-time embedded applications
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.