Senior Systems Engineer - Military AvionicsApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join the Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) subsystem team within the Avionics Platform Software department. This team is responsible for the systems development life cycle for our Military Avionics & Helicopters LRUs.
Candidates are required to have excellent communication skills to communicate technical issues and status in both written and oral form to internal and external customers. The candidate must be adaptable to change, determined to accomplish tasks based on program schedule, collaborate with teammates in order to make the best decisions, enjoy learning new technologies, be self-motivated and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Lead bids for the LRU Subsystem development life cycle.
- Lead planning and execution of the LRU subsystem activities, including: scope, schedule, budget, earned value, risk and opportunity management.
- Lead technical design decisions for the LRU subsystem.
- Capture LRU requirements and design.
- Integrate, validate, and verify the functionality of the LRU in the lab.
- Coordinate with hardware and software engineers to ensure the LRU design is understood and resolve technical issues.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident Green Cardholder.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 5 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
- Experience in system engineering activities, including: requirements and design, integration, validation, and verification testing.
- Knowledge of baseline control, earned value management, and risk management.
- Experience with bid and pursuit work
- Experience developing in the Agile framework
- Experience with safety-critical system, hardware, or software development (e.g. ARP4754A, DO-254, DO-178C)
- Proficient with Python
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.