Senior Software Engineer/Project Engineer/SCRUM MasterApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace Flight Management Systems (FMS) is currently seeking a talented software engineer to fulfill the Project Engineering role to lead the design, development, debug and test of industry-leading real time embedded FMS applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Flight Management Systems organization, you will be responsible for working with other software and systems engineers to develop and maintain software applications used on Business & Regional and Air Transport aircraft. Opportunities in FMS include working on applications for Flight Planning, Performance Calculations, Graphical User Interface, Navigation, Data Link, and more.
- Expand FMS product domain knowledge including processes and tools
- Current familiarity with an FMS system is a definite plus
- Contribute to software engineering activities of moderate complexity including: requirements capture; designing coding and testing changes; integration of changes within a system (including working with cross-functional teams); preparation of software builds for test execution; support formal verification activities.
- Taking technical ownership of assigned areas
- Proactively identifying and communicating technical software issues and help resolve these issues. Ensure these issues are elevated to project leadership for resolution.
- Ensuring the project's defined software process for development verification and configuration management is followed and that they comply with the recommendations of RTCA DO 178B.
- Duties as PE will include leading the technical and programmatic aspects of a project, including coordinating internal resources, managing budget and schedule, providing effective oral and written interaction with customers, and providing guidance to an engineering team in development of software solutions, contributing to engineering estimates, Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) and Bid Proposals.
This position requires experience in the software engineering tasks including software requirements and architecture development, software design and implementation, function and integration testing and software delivery support. Responsibilities also include technical coordination with both internal and external customers.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline (STEM degree is highly preferred) and 5 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
- Proficient skills in embedded software engineering processes and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience writing software requirements
- Ability to quickly acquire technical domain knowledge and contribute to the design of sophisticated architectural systems
- The candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, able to think big, take action and help others succeed.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Must be very organized and anticipate potential issues and devise resolutions
- Must be able to work in a highly matrixed organization and obtain the needed staffing resources
- Must be able to track, update, and report financial information related to the project
- Good team player – candidate will be working across many different teams
Additional skills desired:
- Demonstrated experience in Avionics Development & Certification to DO-178B
- Familiar with Agile methods
- Passion to work in aviation industry
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.