Senior Industrial EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
This position is for a Senior Industrial Engineer that applies advanced Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools to promote and implement changes in manufacturing and service operations. The overarching intent of the roles and responsibilities of this position is improving quality, reducing costs, and improving the flow of product.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Technical problem definition and solution in manufacturing environment.
- Act as liaison with design engineering on incorporating changes to the designs which improve manufacturability
- Lead cross-functional studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control through the application of Lean principles.
- Determine the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow, and establish methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- Prepare cost estimates for proposed projects and provide cost benefit analysis by evaluating cost factors and schedules. Participates in preparation and presentation of proposals to appropriate levels of leadership.
- Perform assignments requiring the use and application of moderate to advanced engineering economics principles and techniques.
- Plan and design facilities layout for manufacturing processes and equipment, taking into account economic factors, process flow, and operator efficiency and comfort.
- Maintain awareness of start-of-the-art technology and the applicability of how it can be leveraged to improve the Company's competitive position in the assigned area and the site.
- Develop solutions to a variety of Industrial Engineering problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Perform and direct others in sophisticated economic analysis and the proactive achievement of economic goals for complex systems and products under development.
- Develop tools or equipment that improve the manufacturing process or address safety concerns.
- Complete understanding and application of Industrial Engineer principles, concepts, practices and standards is expected along with full knowledge of typical industry practices.
- Conduct research on new processes, methods, and equipment and make recommendations for acquisitionsand changes to achieve continuous improvement in all areas of the factory.
- Review product designs for producibility concerns and provide technical input to correct design deficiencies.
- Validate cost requirements/targets against pertinent business plan(s) and program expectations.
- Design, develop, and improve station loading/line balancing.
- Create and maintain a factory staffing plan based on sales demand.
- Shows the ability to contribute toward team goals in addition to simply accomplishing individual goals.
- Trusted to directly interact with the customer and adhere to proper customer procedures while doing so.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow through on work assignments with little to no further prompting and raises any potential issues found to leadership.
- Is able to provide status of work assignments at any time and has shown the ability to improve based on past mistakes.
- Uses various software packages to maintain and update documents and records.
- Develops tactical plans to manage day-to-day problems and develop forward looking strategic plans.
- Actively helps teammates in need in a compassionate manner.
- Works from a daily to-do list, but can independently re-prioritize as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline and four years of related experience, or, in the absence of a bachelor's degree, ten years of related experience.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.