Senior Electrical Design to Cost EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
This position is for a Electrical Engineer to perform design cost management. The primary focus of this position will be to provide DTC support for product design and development in Mission Systems. Design to Cost provides project teams with a leadership role for achieving recurring cost requirements through the application of innovative cost reduction strategies. The role allows for a complete Life Cycle approach to cost management from the inception of the system architecture through the design for optimized build and test in the factory. Design to Cost offers great opportunities for a diverse work environment, playing a critical role in key business pursuits and product development efforts. Performing cost management is a very dynamic role, gaining exposure with all levels of leadership in a wide variety of product types.
• Support the strategic effort to define affordability goals and means for achieving those goals during proposal and execution phases of typical development programs.
• Support the design of systems utilizing cost reduction techniques relevant to mechanical, electrical, and manufacturing variables.
• Provide project teams with a focal point for low-cost solutions by coordinating the involvement of low cost enabling functions (design for manufacturability, design for testability, Strategic Sourcing, Application Engineering, Test Engineering, etc.).
• Perform or direct others in the performance of cost analysis and support the proactive achievement of cost goals for typical systems and products under development.
• Identify drivers of cost and propose alternative solutions for cost reductions.
• Critical thinking and problem solving – willingness to dig and drive solutions based on data analyze
• Be responsible for validating cost requirements/targets against pertinent business plan(s) and programmatic expectations.
• Participate in preparation of proposals and presentations to internal and external customers.
• May serve as project leader coordinating the efforts of other professionals and technical support personnel. Strong cross functional interaction/teamwork and collaboration.
• Knowledge of business & technical consistent processes.
• Knowledge of principles and techniques commonly used in product development.
• Perform assignments requiring the use and application of electromechanical engineering principles and techniques.
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
Must be a U.S. Citizen
Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
• Background in product design, development, and factory transition
• Basic technical knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical, and Industrial Engineering
• Basic understanding of system-level requirements and how they relate to recurring cost
• Basic understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes
• Understanding of key production-based cost drivers
• Basic understanding of design trade-off techniques
• Basic understanding of cost estimating techniques
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, criticalillness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.