Program Manager - Military Avionics & Helos | LCVSMApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This position will have life cycle responsibilities for new military avionics software products, with an emphasis on developing reusable product line software components into complete solutions that will be deployed on legacy and next generation military aircraft. The product Life Cycle Value Stream Manager (LCVSM) coordinates technical product development, integrating the work of research and development, marketing, sales, and service functions for a product line.
Primary responsibilities for this position include strategic planning for their assigned product lines, execution of product developments, and promoting cross-business product synergies to support business unit objectives. The product LCVSM directs all phases of product development from inception through completion.
Qualified candidates should have a strong technical background in avionics software products and systems, with experience leading and managing complex product or system developments. Successful candidates will demonstrate an ability to balance technical knowledge and business acumen to manage this product line.
- Successful candidate will have responsibilities for managing products through their life cycle and creating cross-business product synergies to support business objectives.
- Leads medium size programs to ensure adherence to program plans, schedules and budgets for programs under his/her responsibility and recommends appropriate adjustments.
- Supports annual strategic planning efforts for the business.
- Identifies product requirements for key program pursuits and development of the product line.
- Supports the development of new business growth strategies.
- Develops product roadmaps and identifies opportunities to generate product reuse across multiple programs.
- Identifies and reacts to program problems and supports solutions, such as allocation of resources and changing contractual specifications.
- Supervises the appropriate use of all resources allocated to the program to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Participates in and leads the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization’s interests.
- Execution responsibilities include cost, schedule, technical performance, risk management, product support, manufacturing, and quality of all assigned product lines.
- Work with all business units to ensure customer commitments are met or exceeded.
- Interfaces with customers for project specifications to ensure successful completion.
- Coordinates responses to customer action items.
- Prepares and presents value-stream strategy, progress, and results.
- Consolidates and presents progress reports at customer, program, or product reviews.
- Manages supplier relationships in coordination with Subcontracts Management
- Develops milestones, program plans, schedules and budgets for programs.
- Ensures successful transition of products into the manufacturing environment.
- Develops product quality improvement plans based upon evaluation of product customer acceptance rates, reliability, scrap, and other quality data.
- Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets.
Knowledge and Skills:
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strength in interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Experience with hardware and/or software project planning and execution.
- Understanding of the earned value management system and how it is used in program execution.
- Hardware development or software development and manufacturing transition and sustained production experience is preferred.
- Well developed communication skills, both oral and written.
- Familiarity with Government Systems business, technical and performance management practices is desired but not required.
- Must have the ability to obtain an active DoD security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 5 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required.
Unique questions from Manager:
Please email answers to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org upon applying for this role.
- Do you have experience using an Earned Value Management System (EVMS) for managing projects?
- Do you have a technical background with ability to lead engineering developments?
- Do you have experience developing technology to support military avionics platforms?
- Do you have experience working directly with customers?
- Summarize your experience presenting project/program status to leadership and/or customers.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.