Operations System Architect – Avionics Operations Smart ManufacturingApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
This role serves as the primary operations system architect supporting Avionics Operations and the Smart Manufacturing team as it relates to the Manufacturing System effectiveness and the interfaces to other data and information systems. The role is multidisciplinary and the ideal candidate will have good knowledge of manufacturing systems and how data and information systems interact to establish an overall Manufacturing Execution System.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with application designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for operations and commercial-off-the-shelf [COTS] software.
- Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, input and output requirements.
- Ensures hardware and software standards are met and technology is introduced to the factory that provides value and improves productivity.
- This role will develop the overall strategy for Avionics and execute against it, which may include development effort, training, and change management depending on the business needs.
Objective is to secure the right [operations] information to the right [operations] people at the right time and eliminate waste. All of these objectives while securing the information in accordance with government and contractual obligations.
- Solution focused – Designing and delivering solutions that meet user needs and bring value to the organization
- Ability to interpret technical technology into simple terms and vice-versa; along with training and development for subject matter experts and end-users
- Support teams of multiple-leveled skills of technicians and professionals, including interns and co-ops, with freedom to determine how assignments are completed (e.g., objectives and approaches to completing work).
- Can lead efforts and development with minimal oversight, sets objectives and guides others on execution/approach for achievement of operational results.
- Adaptable to various change management systems – Six Sigma, Agile, Lean
- Ability to communicate to executives – clear and concise objectives, identify and share risks and opportunities, ability to create value statement
This position requires a STEM Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required.
- Understanding of Software and Design Principles – Data modeling, application control, security, data staging
- Ability to export and transform data to support various business needs from local needs to data alignment and divestiture needs
- Familiarity with a variety of data and information sources will be helpful to overall effectiveness - Data source examples are Engineering Design [ECAD/MCAD/Drafting], Component/Application Engineering [CE], Data/Document Control [DDC], Configuration Management [CM], Product Lifecycle Management [PLM], Master Data – MRP-focused [MD], Plan/Produce & Execution [PPE], Operations Finance, Quality Assurance.
Travel and Similar
- Ability to get a passport
- Travel to and from worldwide work locations (25% travel nominal)
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.