Industrial Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people in the world? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for an Industrial Engineering Intern to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people in the world is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins.
The Industrial Engineering co-op position will work with the Displays IPT in the Cedar Rapids, IA facility. This position is for an Industrial Engineering student interested in learning engineering principles used in manufacturing. If selected, the employee will become familiar with production management objectives along with product quality issues associated with state of the art manufacturing techniques and engineering programs. Position responsibilities may include:
• Improving and developing processes
• Designing tooling to aid in the manufacturing process
• Transitioning new product from development to manufacturing
• Resolving manufacturing issues
• Time studies
• Layout of production and support areas
• Selection, justification, and purchase of equipment
• Identification and implementation of facility improvements
• Quality improvements
• Resolution of ergonomic and safety concerns
• 5S cleaning
• Process Improvements and Lean initiatives
• This position requires the applicant to work in a restricted facility requiring US Citizenship.
• This position requires the applicant to be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
Required Skills: (desired before or acquired during tenure)
• Excel - Pivot Tables and Chart creation
• Word, PowerPoint, and Access or similar Database Management
• Ability to work independently & with cross functional teams
• Solidworks or similar modeling tool experience.
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities.
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.