Electrical Engineer Intern (Summer 2020)Apply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Want to gain experience designing test solutions for a variety of different electronic Aerospace and Defense products? If so this may be the opportunity that you have been looking for. As an intern in Collins Test Engineering you will join project execution teams. Here you will be given hardware and/or software tasks developing product tests for a variety of Collins products. If you don’t want to be limited to only hardware or software engineering this position is for you, as knowledge of both are essential to this position. Collins takes pride in developing great talent so each intern will be assigned a mentor to help support learning and development.
The Mission Systems Test Engineering is seeking to fill an Electrical Engineering Intern position with a talented individual who is working towards a BSEE or BSCmptrE. The primary responsibility for this position is to assist test engineers in developing and sustaining manufacturing and service test solutions for Collins Aerospace and Defense products. The student who fills this position will develop strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. This position will heavily utilize hardware and software development and debug skills on multi-rack test stations used to test Collins products. These test stations may include but are not limited by the following test equipment: Digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position will also support development of thermal and vibration test equipment and software suites for environmental stress and screening requirements of Collins products.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
• Review product designs and create test solutions that maximize test coverage in the manufacturing and service environments.
• Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers.
• Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills.
• Knowledge of additional programming languages, C/C++, Pearl and Python are a plus.
• Excellent time management skills - ability to multitask and delegate work to support technicians, engineering project assistants and peers.
• Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (i.e. documenting something that is already built)
• Design and implement activities required to deploy the project test solutions to world-wide destinations.
• Software skills in C#.
• Ability to read basic electronic schematics.
• Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
•Must be pursuing a BSEE or BSCmptrE.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.