Associate Systems Engineer - System Integration team - NEW GRADApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Utilize an interdisciplinary approach focusing on customer needs and requirements to design, develop, document and test hardware and/or software systems ranging from the straightforward to extremely complex. Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
The selected candidate will be involved with items as follows:
- Logical Interface Design
- System Configuration Files
- Node Configuration Tables
- Switch Configuration Tables
- Virtual Machine Configuration Tables
- System I/O Tables
- Creation of system configuration artifacts
- Setup and support of software development equipment
- System Integration Facility
- Software Development stations
- General Lab support to Systems and Sub-Systems teams
- System technical performance measurement
- Configuration table release coordination
- DO-178B Level A development
- Apply knowledge: product domain, technology domain, processes, tools, methods, work flow and best practices with primary emphasis on product design and development. Work with systems integration labs, simulation environment and specialized test equipment.
- Create, document and test algorithms, control laws, models, and interface definitions.
- Analyze, document and conduct verification/validation testing for systems, products or sub-systems, generally in one functional area.
- Capture, trace and modify requirements in a specific functional area, starting from an existing basis.
- Makes technical decisions about own work that may impact the immediate team.
- Track, own and report status relating to technical, cost and schedule performance for own work.
- Demonstrate an understanding of internal processes, methods and tools for systems development and documentation efforts.
- Individual job duties may vary.
This position requires Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline (STEM degree preferred) by December 2019. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of experience is required.
This position requires US Person status (US Citizen or Permanent Residence is required)
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.