Associate Systems Engineer - Avionics Systems - NEW GRADApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Do you want to be a part of a high performing fast-paced team that has large growth potential? Do you want to help propel Collins Aerospace Military Avionics business into new markets with new product and feature offerings? Do you want to enjoy your job, the people you work with, and have fun while doing it?
The Fixed Wing Solutions department is seeking highly motivated Associate Systems Engineers who will support systems analysis and develop and analyze data to provide innovative systems solutions for multiple military fixed-wing aircraft avionics systems.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for, please apply now to express interest and a recruiter will follow-up with job specific roles for your consideration.
- Assist in systems engineering through all phases of system product development including: program pursuit and capture, requirements capture and analysis, system architecture design, requirements allocation and traceability, system / subsystem integration, system verification, system validation and life-cycle product support.
- Aid in the effort to estimate, track, and report project costs and schedules while managing scope & risk.
- Interface with business development, program management, software engineers, product-line systems engineers, hardware engineers, and customers.
- Seek to identify possible problems in applicable projects that may cause a delay or exceed budget, and contribute to finding appropriate solutions.
- This position requires you to work in a restricted facility that requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Ability to break down and execute complex tasks under moderate supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Willingness to take ownership of tasks and support efforts spanning multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Keen aptitude for technical work that spans multiple levels of detail.
Key qualifications we look for in our Systems Engineering team:
- Experience with systems, software and hardware development in an avionics application.
- Familiarity with tools such as JIRA, ALM, DOORS, Jama, Subversion, and PREP.
- Experience with military fixed-wing aircraft avionics systems.
- Adaptable to changes in assignments and responsibilities.
- Highly self-motivated and contributing to a positive work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works successfully in team-centric environments.
This position requires Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline (STEM degree preferred). In the absence of a degree, 4 years of experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.