Associate Engineer, Software Engineering - New GradApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
This job description is for a Software Engineering position within the Display Foundation Software team of the Common Platform Software department. We are seeking highly motivated engineers that are ready to join us in multi-core certified solutions to the avionics industry! You will be a part of an integrated, cross-functional team responsible for designing, developing, and testing low-level software for avionics and related products for our Next Generation Avionics platforms. You will help create solutions to keep all our all forces, domestic and international allies, safe at home and abroad on platforms including attack/assault aircraft, fixed wing avionics, helicopters, tilt-rotors, UAS and more. Additionally, we can keep our skies moving at the ever increasing pace of technology on platforms including commercial air transport, business/regional, tanker operations, transport, cargo, and more!
This position is for a entry-level Software Engineering professional responsible for software engineering processes and activities. Consolidates test results and conducts single disciplinary research, applying hardware and software standards.
• Conducts engineering processes and standard work, including verification and qualification procedures.
• Compiles and consolidates testing on diagnostic systems containing logical and mathematical solutions.
• Assists in conducting disciplinary research on one or more stages of the equipment design phase to develop design options and recommendations.
• Learns hardware and software standards and ensures work product adheres to these standards and business objectives of the organization are met.
• Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
• Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
• Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
• Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
• Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
• May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
• May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- This position requires US Person status (US Citizenship or Green Card holder).
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.