Associate Director, Project EngineeringApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
The next chapter of our future as an aerospace company is here, and we are excited about what this means for our employees and customers! Get onboard the Collins Aerospace Operations team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. The Operations team continues to grow and aims to strengthen the connection of Manufacturing Operations, Supply Chain and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) across Collins Aerospace. In this dynamic environment , you will have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
This position is a recognized Project Engineering, expert and thought leader. Serves as an expert resource for the function and organization. Solves problems in various engineering projects. Leads and oversees strategic planning efforts for medium and/or complex programs, establishes program plans, schedules and budgets, and liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management. Selects and manages ongoing relationships with external contractors. Identifies and responds to complex project problems, spearheads solutions, and leads resolution development for escalated problems.
• Establishes program plans, schedules and budgets for mid to large-size programs and recommends appropriate adjustments to ensure adherence to the established project plan, schedule, and budget.
• Reviews and presents plans and progress reports relating to project value-stream strategy, progress, and results to ensure smooth project operations.
• Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of project activities.
• Leads and oversees strategic planning efforts for medium and/or complex programs to ensure that the organization’s objectives and business target are achieved.
• Selects and manages ongoing relationships with external contractors to ensure that the organization receives satisfactory standards of service.
• Identifies and responds to complex project problems and spearheads solutions, such as reallocating resources or changing contractual specifications, and leads resolution development for escalated problems.
• Directs all phases of programs from inception through completion.
• Oversees and coordinates the administrative and operational aspects of ongoing projects within program guidelines.
• Liaises between project management and planning, project teams, and line management.
• Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
• Reviews project and budget status, manages schedules and prepares reports.
• Monitors and assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Represents UTC as the primary customer contact for projects.
• Directs the work of employees assigned on projects in technical manufacturing and administrative areas.
• Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
• Meets program schedules and budgets and maintains the integrated master schedules for project(s).
- Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Engineering preferred
- Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality, and/or Materials Management experience strongly desired
- Production manufacturing project experience
- Some product design and electronic hardware experience is a plus
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.