Assoc Eng, Systems Eng - NEW GRADApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about developing cutting-edge fly-by-wire systems for the latest aircraft in the business, regional, and air-transport market.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to work on Requirements Capture, System Design, System Integration and Testing responsibilities for next generation aircraft.
This for You If:
- You like working with a diverse, dynamic team of highly motivated and talented people
- You enjoy being recognized for a job well done
- You are looking to make a difference
- You believe in innovating
- You appreciate working in a culture of trust and support
- You want a chance to develop your skills as a leader
- You like moving fast
Systems Engineering tasks include:
- Define system requirements and lead systems integration for fly-by-wire flight control product development.
- Perform flight control system design and analysis for flight control actuation systems and sensors.
- Create model based design algorithms for operational controls and system control.
- Develop requirements based test procedures and perform requirements based testing.
- Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes, and proactively improve existing processes.
- Consistently deliver quality requirements and products.
- Work with internal and external teams to coordinate parallel development efforts into phased releases.
- Keep yourself up to date with the latest trends in systems engineering and tools.
- Collaborate and interact in a multi-functional, multi-discipline, and diverse development team.
- Collaborate on presentations to internal/external customers and certification authorities.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate an ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deadlines; possess exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; demonstrate organizational skills and focus on detail; show self-motivation, self-direction, ability to work independently, and a commitment to continuous improvement of knowledge, skills and abilities.
Working knowledge of conventional code development (C, C++, Python, etc.), model based design (Simulink, MATLAB, etc.) and the Microsoft Office suite of applications is required.
This position requires Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline (STEM degree preferred) by December 2019. In the absence of a degree, 4 years of experience is required.
This position requires US Person status (US Citizen or Permanent Residence is required)
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.