Staff Systems Engineer - Project EngineerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HTX31: Carrollton, TX (IMS INC) 2110 Hutton Drive, Suite 106 , Carrollton, TX, 75006 USA
Collins Aerospace is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer in our Carrollton, TX office to support our Surface Transportation and Security Systems team in developing and deploying security solutions that facilitate the protection of the nation’s critical infrastructure.
- Serve as the Systems Solution Architect and the Project Engineering Leader for the solution baseline for customer project systems.
- Analyze, trace, and ensure adherence to system requirements on the solution baseline through the development and maintenance of the requirements traceability matrix.
- Evaluate, analyze, and document all explicit and implicit system operational concepts through interaction with all stakeholders on the solution baseline.
- Ensure system and subsystem design meet the system requirements through development of documentation, participation in design reviews, and constant communication with other functional disciplines on the solution baseline.
- Develop a strong understanding of the technical solution within each functional discipline and maintain that understanding as the technical solutions are enhanced and mature.
- Follow all Collins CMS, ISO, CMMI, and engineering policies and procedures in performing day to day activities on the solution baseline.
- Proven domain knowledge and knowledge of products, systems, industry best practices, and applicable regulatory requirements on the solution baseline.
- Plan and develop engineering management plan for the solution baseline, including engineering schedules, budget plans, and staffing plans.
- Identify and evaluate risks and opportunities on all the solution baseline and work with the project manager to develop risk mitigation strategies.
- Work closely with the project manager for the solution baseline to ensure project performance in regard to cost, schedule, and quality.
- Monitor and report project engineering performance to leadership through formal status reviews and develop project corrective action plans to improve project performance when necessary.
- Perform engineering trade studies on new technologies or new solutions.
- Organize and direct assigned project team members from other functional disciplines to ensure schedule adherence, timely issue resolution, and proper prioritization of tasks.
- Assist business development with bid and proposal opportunities through development of compliance matrices, technical solution, cost estimation, and proposal documentation.
- Engineering experience in project operations, including all phases of the system development life cycle.
- Experience managing system requirements or technical project management.
- Experience with requirements management tools, such as DOORS.
- Experience with scheduling tools, such as MS Project or Primavera.
- System and network architecture and design.
- Microsoft operating systems.
- Relational databases, such as Oracle.
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- Software Development Life Cycles.
- Systems Engineering V-Model.
- Cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.