Plant ManagerApply Now
Country:United States of America
Location:HIA01: Engine Comp (TFT) - Carroll 400 N Bella Vista Dr, Carroll, IA, 51401 USA
This role will be responsible for all or a major portion of processing operations in a plant. Oversee production operations (shop floor management, workforce management, and flow disruption management), maintenance, plant engineering, scheduling and personnel. Manages and supervises the work of manufacturing production disciplines in the Operations function. Performs professional or management work regularly across multiple Manufacturing disciplines. The position will include activities that cannot be attributed to a defined Operations discipline.
- Manage a team of primarily experienced professionals.
- Focus on tactical and operational plans with short- to medium-term focus (e.g., less than 1 year to 1 - 2 years).
- Problems faced may be difficult to moderately complex.
- Influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
- Manage and ensure all quality related items for the unit or shift are complete and documented so that established quality standards are met.
- Lead cost reduction efforts and process improvements for the unit or shift to ensure efficiency of operations and cost effectiveness.
- Lead scheduling for the unit or shift to ensure that operations run according to established production schedules.
- Lead the sequencing of work, such as build and delivery, for the unit or shift to ensure smooth operations and optimal use of resources.
- Head materials and logistics problem resolution for the unit or shift to ensure availability of materials and smooth operations.
- Establish performance objectives and leads cell performance and productivity.
- Lead production innovation, including additive manufacturing, for the unit or shift to enhance production capabilities.
- Partner with customers to understand customer needs and issues and ensure that the customers receive satisfactory standards of services.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a US Person
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- ACE/Lean/Six Sigma (Certified ACE Associate Preferred)
- Ability to owns the execution of long-term strategy (e.g., more than 3 years) and the operational direction, typically for a business of modest size and scope.
- Experience managing a team of primarily experienced professionals.
- Ability to influence others outside of own job area regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverage’s you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Your Saved Jobs
- You have not saved any jobs
Recently Viewed Jobs
- You have not viewed any jobs.